Grants in Education :: Apply
HOW TO APPLY
Organizations that have not previously been funded by the Literacy Initiative (since 2011) must submit a Letter of Inquiry by December 15 via regular email, not the online application. The subject should be “Education Grant: LOI” and the contact information is info@fleishhackerfoundation.
PLEASE NOTE: AS OF JUNE 7, 2016, WE HAVE A NEW APPLICATION PORTAL.
- Once your LOI is approved, please Register online to create an application account. You will choose a user name and password.
- Follow the online instructions to complete your User Registration and then complete your application according to grant type. Note the first document is the Grant Proposal Narrative. Please download this Word document, fill it out, then save and upload as a PDF.
In order to review an application, the Foundation needs the following:
- Completed Online Application Information Form.
- Completed Grant Proposal Narrative; note this need not be project-specific and can reflect the organization’s annual K-5 literacy activities.
- Current year’s literacy program budget.
- Current year’s organizational budget.
- Last year’s completed financial statement or audit.
- Organizational overview.
- Board List with affiliations.
- Evidence of tax-exempt status.
- Up to 6 supporting documents such as letters of support, press articles, program evaluations.