Special Arts Grants :: Apply
HOW TO APPLY
PLEASE NOTE: AS OF JUNE 7, 2016, WE HAVE A NEW APPLICATION PORTAL.
- Please Register online to create an application account. You will choose a user name and password.
- Follow the online instructions to complete your User Registration and then complete your application according to grant type. Note the first document is the Grant Proposal Narrative. Please download this Word document, fill it out, then save and upload as a PDF.
(Note: The only items applicants need to mail in are film samples from film applicants; see guideline details.)
In order to review an application, the Foundation needs the following:
- Completed Online Application Information Form.
- Completed Grant Proposal Narrative.
- Current year’s organizational budget with income and expenses, separating grants, board, and other contributions, and itemizing expenses.
- Most recent DataArts form, (formatted for Fleishhacker Foundation).
- A project budget detailing income and expenses.
- Evidence of tax-exempt status.
- Copy of Letter of Agreement with fiscal sponsor (if applicable).
- A filmography for film directors; brief artistic biographies for key personnel in other artistic project applications.
- Board of Directors list with affiliations.
- For film proposals: 12 Rough Cut DVD’s (first edited copy), mailed to Fleishhacker Foundation, 1016 Lincoln Blvd. #12, San Francisco, CA 94129 (include postage paid envelope if DVD’s are to be returned).
- Up to 6 Supporting Documents such as letters of recommendation, press reviews, filmmakers’ production company financials, overview of fiscal sponsor.
- Optional: performing arts organizations may submit 1 DVD work sample.